Friday, March 02, 2018

Lemon Tree, Moscow Club, Sir Everton Weekes, Karen Carpenter !!

#307
1) Radhu and I are back from Hyderabad last night. It was great catching up with some of my workfolks over dinner. 3 hrs just flew!! 3 hrs later, the Telangana Govt put ban order of sale of liquor for 3 days on account of Holi!! hahhahahahh!!
Dinner at Lemon Tree Hyderabad. 
2) March airlines travel is all booked with Air Asia, I have decided to let go Indigo. Their inconsistent policy in implementing everything just irks me! I want predictability and consistency! Let's see! But in India u never know, anything other than Indian wife is a fucking shit!! ahhahahahhahah!!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
It was heartening to see "Lemon Tree" group of hotels which I have been patronising for over a decade, hires hearing impaired personnel as bearers across all its hotels in India!! I have never noticed this all my stay, ( or my inattention as usual) I was told of this during this trip. This is a great gesture by the management and should be commended. 

I stayed awake all night (5 days break, so ok) to finish Moscow Club by Joseph Finder! Any cold war plot is just amazing and page turner. This is no exception. I also finished reading Company Man and Killer Instinct! Finder magic story telling is evident. The plot in both books covers the dirty /dark underside of Corporate dog eating dog competition......

Sir Everton Weekes, who turned 93 this week (26/2) is now the 4th oldest living cricketer! The 3"W"s as Walcott, Worrel and Weekes domination of cricket in 50s was legendary. Wishing him to hit a century in life. God bless.


Today 2/3 is 68th Birth Anniversary of Karen Carpenter! It has been 35+ years since Karen departed this world. The music she dished out were mesmerising even today for her adored fans like me who grew up listening to her music through radio and infrequent. I wonder how crazy we would have been with all the digital /on demand access!! All her numbers are just joy to listen. I leave with my top 3, not in that order. Karen was also a master drummer!!! 
1) Jambalya

2) Please Mr Postman ( I can relate this to my courship days 1990 hahhah)

3) I will say Goodbye love! Listen to the Guitar in the end, just stunning!! 

Take care, god bless
Karthik
2/3/18 915am 

No comments: