Friday, May 19, 2017

TN Castes system! JFK, Macron 50-50!!

#261
Housekeeping:-
Lalitha attended a marriage yesterday of an apartment neighbour! As usual, I skipped as I am not wired to attend such social events besides business travels always takes me away many many times ( I recollect missing my sister Veni's marriage 1998) !!! I guess in the last 35 years or so where the choice to attend such events arises, I must have been present only in 10 or so making it one every 2-3 years!! (Last one attended was 2015, I guess, Next door neighbour's family event)  I recollect even my marriage,1991, some of my relatives were on knife edge as to whether I would sit out the protocols of entire event ( I had threatened and won to cut quite a few,then) or would say to Lalitha,let's move, enough is enough !! hahahahh!!! Picture taken yesterday!!
Dad had his 6 monthly consultation yesterday with his urologist! Scans are due today along with other tests! Dad is a classic example of how one needs very high mental energy to keep going in the sun set stages of life. He is plagued by fear of failure, which prevents him from even doing the basics of life to sustain things like walking 100 ft a day! Far different from a man, who can walk 10 KM and be active 15 hrs a day and got his Ph.D at 53, few weeks before my marriage! So Watch out life can spring surprises !! 



Interesting TAMIL post I came across yesterday,(below) the post is 1 year old in Facebook! While 35 years (since I moved out of TN for good, is not a long time for things to change or shift radically, what has surprised me is the deep rooted hate among castes that plunged even deeper!! I recollect my Engg college hostel Murder in 1981 when two SC students hacked by Nadar/Thevar group at 1am when poor folks were returning from watching a movie !!..... Reason? Some flimsy disagreement?? Life so cheap??

All said and done, in my opinion having lived travelled across India, South India is much better (Best of worst sadly) in terms of caste discrimination, treating people of other caste with contempt! While I can qoute instances I have seen first hand on such distasteful situations in my north Indian visits, I would let it pass! #9 was interesting!!! Am I interested in Dalit issues? I guess not! I am not in favour of any caste system! I cant recollect ever here in my 22 years at #BANGALORE, in my interactions with 100s of folks, the thought of some caste crept up in my mind or it came up to judge issues ??

சமீபத்தில் நான் குறைந்தது, நாற்பது ஐம்பது தமிழ் பேசும் மக்களுடன் பேசியிருப்பேன். சென்னை, திருச்சி, திருநெல்வேலி போன்ற நகரங்களில், மதுரைக்கு வரும் வழியில் ஓர் உணவுச் சாலையில்.
நான் பேசியவர்களில் ஒரு சிலரைத் தவிர மற்ற அனைவரும் தலித் அல்லாதவர்கள். பெரும்பாலும் தினமும் உழைத்து வருமானம் ஈட்டுபவர்கள்.
1. இவர்களில் ஒருவர் கூட தலித்துகளை ஆதரித்துப் பேசவில்லை.
2. திருமாவளவன் என்றால் கட்டைப் பஞ்சாயத்து என்கிறார்கள்.
3. எங்களை விட அவர்கள் நன்றாகத்தான் இருக்கிறார்கள் என்கிறார்கள்.
4. ஆணவக்கொலைகள் நடக்கக் கூடாதவை, ஆனால் நடந்தவையைப் பெரிது படுத்தக் கூடாது என்கிறார்கள்.
5. இவர்கள் அனைவரும் திமுக, அதிமுக, வைகோ அல்லது விஜயகாந்த் அனுதாபிகள். கம்யூனிஸ்டு, காங்கிரஸ் காணாமல் போன கட்சிகள் என்கிறார்கள். பாஜக என்றால் வாயைப் பொத்திக் கொண்டு சிரிக்கிறார்கள். நாம் தமிழர் கட்சியின் மீது ஈர்ப்பு இருக்கிறது. ஆனால் நாடார் கட்சி, புலிகள் பணத்தில் இயங்கும் கட்சி என்ற எண்ணம் சிலருக்கு இருக்கிறது.
6. நாடார்கள், தேவர்கள் மீது வன்னியர்களுக்கு வெறுப்பு இருக்கிறது. தேவர்களுக்கு நாடார்கள் மீது வெறுப்பு இருக்கிறது. ஆனால் நீக்கமற நிறைந்திருப்பது தலித் வெறுப்புதான்.
 7. தலித்துகள் அதிகம் பேச விரும்பவில்லை.
8. பிராமண காரோட்டி ஒருவரிடம் பேசினேன். நாற்பது வயதிற்கு மேல் ஆகியும் திருமணம் ஆகாதவர். 'எந்தப் பெண் என்னை மணந்து கொள்வாள்?' என்கிறார். அவருக்கு உலகத்தின் மீதே வெறுப்பு.
9. படித்த பிராமணர்களிடையும் தலித்துகளின் பிரச்சினைகளை அறிந்து கொள்ளும் ஆர்வம் இல்லை. அவர்களில் தமிழ் இந்து படிப்பவர்கள் கூட திருமாவின் நேர்காணலைப் படிக்கவில்லை.

May 29th, marks 100th Birth Anniversary of John F Kennedy. I plan to update my FB post every day for the next 10 days, on Life of JFK, his key speeches, his family, his team etc. 




Trump has worked a fabulous team, the best I see since JFK's which I feel may see him rescue from all the trouble he is heaping up on himself to see out his term! Goes to show a team can make a mediocre leader look better! I am glad Emmanuel Macron has gone one step further to put in the government which has 50% Women in cabinet with a female defence minister! I am sure with so many women around, things will get done! I personally feel women are better wired, capable in putting in to use their soft skills to get things done. I see better days for France and it would do everything to overcome this situation. His choice of PM is also a person with a known reality to ground! Good Luck France!! (This is where MODI missed the trick despite grand mandate and mess he is in!) 

Regards
Karthik
19/5/17 0910 Hrs. 

No comments: