Sunday, January 25, 2009

Mintzberg, Google , Obama, Dangle

I am back to blogging, I thought I could take a couple of weeks off, honestly even last week I was like a fish out of water, of course last Sunday(18th) was our wedding anniversary so the day was a kind of tight schedule to indulge in blogging.

I guess, I would stick to blogging Sunday evening and may be try to do more than once a week on some quick thoughts during the week. Lets see.

I always read Henry Mintzberg articles with admiration. I came across his article on Musings on Management quite a fascinating one. This 10 pointer are designed to stir everyone up who cares about Management. He always take the practical stance. I remember my early days in my career (late 1980s)when there were huge debate that whether MBA folks alone can bring the turnaround!!. Some answers!!!.
I must confess I am not a die hard fan of Microsoft, this blog is composed using Firefox. Even I felt pity when I read the mint article on how MS missed the innovation on paid search advertising to take one on Google. Well as we say in this part of the world, Destiny I guess!!!.

So on 20th January 09 at 2238 Indian time History was made in USA when Barack Obama (140 Million search in GOOGLE!!!)took oath to uphold the job next to god. As a staunch GOP supporter as well as a person with more of conservative views, I was disappointed that Mccain didnt make it. Any way at this time of the world crisis, you need to put your personal feelings behind and rally for a cause. So here is to wish him all the very best for the next 4 years.

Please give a listen to the latest podcast on career tools by Mike and Mark on DANGLE. It is one in which you are informally promised of a possible promotion etc after you join in a present position for which you are interviewed. Very practical insights, as usual from them!!.

I close this week with sincere prayers to the almighty for the recovery of 2 people who had made a deep impact in the tech world as well to entire India. Our Prime Minister Man Mohan Singh has undergone Heart surgery, Saturday. He is the architect for all the financial reforms post 1991 and is a gem amidst all the Black coal!!. The other is Steve Jobs, Man, what a change he has made to the TECH world!!. Here is to wish them all the speedy recovery and a one as fast as possible. We need you back to complete more of the unfinished tasks. (Disclosure- my political views are different!!).

Till next week, take it easy and take care; live consciously.
Regards
Karthik.





No comments: