Sunday, November 30, 2008

Waiting for Rumsfeld, Gauntanomo, Homeland security

I am still to recover from the shock and awe that was meted out to the city which I love most and spent 20 years of my life. While we in India are philosophical and leave things to fate and destiny and are witnessing with a sense of helplessness over the last 16 years, the events over the last 4 days as come as the last straw on the camel's back. I am as angry as anyone else could be. Innocent lives lost, women, children not spared!!. Deaths runs in to 100s. I just wonder where the solution to all this lies?. I agree that terrorism has become part and parcel of life and you need to be professional to face it and hope that you are not in the wrong place at the wrong time. But at the same time, the civic infrastructure, the governance process has to be an enabler so that the sense of confidence exists in individual. As usual, Indian media did the screw up!!. I was wondering whose side they were on!!!. Yes, I did a see a great placard on the TV.
Terrorists have no face but a great agenda that you can see.
Our politician have a face but only have Hidden Agenda, which you cant see!!!.

I am all for human rights, liberties, right to information etc. But some amount of law that goes to make a proactive approach is required. Yes, it all begins with leadership, which is a big vacuum. I think to set right, even if we need Rumsfeld or a Gauntanamo to work a better system, so be it!!!. If safety and security of homeland has to come at a price of little less freedom, expression and human rights to some extent, I think I am willing to let go a bit less as a prisoner with restrictions. So be it!!!.

Yes, Bangalore, did have its loss in the form of Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan, the NSG commando who lost his life. I salute all the officers and the Mumbai policemen who gave up their life, so that many Mumbikar can live to see another day. May their soul rest in peace!!.

JAI HIND.

Till next week, take it easy and take care; live conciously.
Regards
Karthik.

No comments: