Sunday, August 10, 2008

Quickpost

I am making this a quick post as I am not keeping well (Mostly fatigue) as well as some catch up to do on the home front Sunday evening.

I tried out the new web search engine Cuil and I must say I am impressed with the results. Cuil is knowledge in Irish, I am told. The results are displayed in column and the background looks pleasant. I remember, being introduced to Google in my BASF days in 1999 and I got a feeling that time that Google would give everyone a run for the money. I am getting the same feeling with Cuil. Lets wait and see.

For those in this part of the world pronouniciation is an issue, This looks a good website. I tried out some of the unknown. English is complex is it not!!!. Try this quiz!!.
I got the summary of the book, Transparency written by Warren Bennis, Daniel Goleman and James O'toole. Not a new concept, but intersting insights. You may listen to the podcast here about the book. It all boils down to candor, Trust. I guess.

Ok, Time to go. I will fit in a slot some time in the middle of the week. Looking forward to the Independence day celebrations on Friday. I already got the license to enjoy the day from my English Boss. Jai Hind.

Karthik.

No comments: