Sunday, November 18, 2007

Widgets, Manager Tools, Spirituality

I was just exploring the web yesterday to learn more about WIDGETS. I had no idea about what it was although heard the term used my many in conversations as well as in websites. So Yesterday I finally took the plunge to know about it and I was immediately addicted to it that I spend about 5 hours exploring and understanding better. This also gave a better sense of managing blog posts with the HTML edits etc.

The result was some of the Tools that are posted in the Left side of this blog like the clock, Linked in Blog. Although, I did post a site meter for tracking the visitors, It never occurred to me that this is a Widget. I am glad I did use them and I hope this of help to guys who come to explore the blog.

I am also delighted to see 200 visitors to my BLOG post in less than a month. Many hits may be accidental, but still it is a good hit. Thanks to all who bumped in. Let me see what I can do increase traffic here.

Pl read my comments on Mike and Marks post on Marketing Manager tools. I was amazed (or Appalled, I should say!!) that not a single website or Blog I visit,(95% significant of test of hypothesis) had any reference to the Manager tools podcast as site that they follow or track. They are number one in Business category in podcast alley. With more than 17,000 members, naturally they are retaining membership by sheer quality of information on Management that they dish out. They also avoid all kinds of advertisement in their website.(One of the Few site with more white space in the web page) And all this, they do it for free. The premium subscription is 15$ a month is pittance even in this part of the world. There is also a members only podcast for registered members. I am sure guys have heard of Horstman Law.

Its all down to FOCUS, BEHAVIOR, IMPACT(FBI). I hope this posts helps people to go the Manager tools website and take advantage to go forward in their career. I have posted the category of podcasts as a link.

I also was listening to the podcast on CMM on spirituality at workplace with Tricia Molloy. There some interesting information which I endorse after reading Jack Canfield and Listening to Earl Nightingale. Interestingly this week, I had a conversation with my American colleague (Indian by birth) that he feels the symbols of secularism is much more in America than in India, in the workplace, as as far he sees. I think personally I may agree with the lot of displays that go in the individual belief. Yes, I too post them in my work place and use it as a driving force. I know this is touch topic for some. But I just thought of posting this. On the same note here is a link to Vedic Hymns.

Also came across interesting post on work life balance or is it choice.??

I am fully convinced the money I had spent for 3 year Economist subscription, is full value for money. The international news coverage is amazing so are the special reports that are out once a month. The other interesting aspect is the Obituary section, not a single person covered so far in the 5 months (22 issues) was a person, I knew lived. (Except for obituary on Mrs. Lyndon Johnson) such is the depth of coverage. I think the Sunday morning I spent completing the Economist is the time well spent.

Gary Slinger posts GTD info which are great.

Ok, Until next week, Take it easy and take care; Live consciously.

Regards
Karthik
Karaikudy@gmail.com.

No comments: